Friday 2 October 2015

rehearsals continue

Rehearsals are continuing and I find them very absorbing - you can forget about all the job hunting and cares of the world when you are concentrating on something different. Last night a small "bump" was produced from somewhere and I duly tried it on under my jumper to produce a pregnant look. It might need a bit of tweaking but it gave me the idea of how it will be. I will need to think about how I walk, move etc. No running around the stage, not that I do anyway.

It was interesting to have a drink with a few of the cast afterwards and find out a bit more about them. Despite everyone coming across as confident and very able, they expressed the same worries about learning lines and so on that I might feel as a beginner. But I assured them that they had come across as very confident and professional, to which they looked astonished; but having a lot of experience between them, I am sure everything will be fine.

I have to do some thinking about the background of my character, Pattie. Who is she, what happened in her past etc? I realised that each of us plays as vital a part as any other, and so everyone is reliant on everyone else (literally) playing their part; we are all responsible for a small part of the whole and those parts will come together to make something bigger. Well, we can only hope so anyway. The play is a bit different to things they have done before, because it has a lot of conversations happening at the same time, so two conversations intertwine on different parts of the stage, which might make it a bit trickier remembering cues. Last night we were "blocking" which meant working out our positions and movements. I am right near the front of the stage for one scene, so I hope I don't take a step to the left and fall off(!) Two of us have a lot of "business" which is doing things with props, so that will be interesting and hopefully easier to do than imagining doing it while we don't have props available.

It sounds like the various theatrical groups in the town all know each other, in fact people take part in productions in the different groups, so there must be a large number of people who know each other from that. So it will be a good way to meet different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment